Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Favorite Photos from 2008 - Markets

Bicycling bread vendors prepare for business at the massive market in Stonetown, Zanzibar (see original posts I, II, III and IV)A friendly woman waits for customers in Stone Town, Zanzibar (see original posts I, II, III and IV)
A typical souq (market) scene in Aleppo, Syria (see original posts I, II and III)
Headscarves in every color and pattern in Damascus, Syria (see original posts I, II and III)
A boy waves from his father's tea and coffee shop in Damascus, Syria (see original posts I, II and III)Rows of gnomes in the medieval Old Town of Stockholm, Sweden (see original posts I, II and III)
Countless varieties of tulips and other bulbs at the Bloemenmarkt, a floating flower market in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (see original posts I, II, III and IV)
A woman naps at her market stall in the historic Old Town of Hoi An, Vietnam (see original posts I, II, III and IV)Two young monks peruse the selection of incense and offerings at a stand outside of Pha That Luang in Vientiane, Laos (see original posts I, II and III)
Colorful parasols at the handicraft market in Luang Prabang, Laos (see original posts I, II, III and IV)

No comments: